J. L. BELL is a Massachusetts writer who specializes in (among other things) the start of the American Revolution in and around Boston. He is particularly interested in the experiences of children in 1765-75. He has published scholarly papers and popular articles for both children and adults. He was consultant for an episode of History Detectives, and contributed to a display at Minute Man National Historic Park.

Subscribe thru Follow.it





•••••••••••••••••



Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Three New Interviews

A couple of weeks ago I wore collared shirts and shaved almost every day of the week.

That’s because I was scheduled to participate a series of online conversations that were recorded for viewing.

First, I spoke with Bob Allison and Jonathan Lane of the Revolution 250 coalition about young Christopher Seider, his killer Ebenezer Richardson, and what date was really George Washington’s birthday. Here’s the link to the video and the audio.

The next day I connected with Christian Di Spigna of the Dr. Joseph Warren Historical Society to interview Mitch Kachun about the place of Crispus Attucks in American history and culture. Kachun’s book is First Martyr of Liberty. Here’s the video.

Finally, on Friday Christian and I linked up again to talk with Nina Sankovitch about her story of three intertwined families from north Braintree (now Quincy), Amerian Rebels: How the Hancock, Adams, and Quincy Families Fanned the Flames of Revolution. Here’s that video link.

Behind me in the videos are the shelves I set up last month in an attempt to get my books more organized. I’ve already assembled three more bookcases, with another two to follow. And I’m not close to caught up yet.

No comments: