J. L. BELL is a Massachusetts writer who specializes in (among other things) the start of the American Revolution in and around Boston. He is particularly interested in the experiences of children in 1765-75. He has published scholarly papers and popular articles for both children and adults. He was consultant for an episode of History Detectives, and contributed to a display at Minute Man National Historic Park.

Subscribe thru Follow.it





•••••••••••••••••



Saturday, May 13, 2006

Contacting J. L. Bell

I welcome all feedback on Boston 1775.

In theory, of course. In practice, I may become giddy or sulk.

If you have something to say about a particular posting on Boston 1775, please feel free to use each entry’s comment function. There’s a little character-recogition puzzle before posting a comment to discourage spambots. And since that doesn’t always work, I have to approve all comments before they appear on the site, so please be patient.

If you must use the “anonymous” toggle on a comment, please sign the comment with your name or pseudonym. (Choose one in eighteenth-century style, like "Lapidus" or "A Countryman"!) I’m a bit dubious about anonymous postings in general, but having several anonymous people at once gets confusing.

To send messages or questions about Revolutionary Boston and this blog, email Boston 1775 (no spaces) at Earthlink dot net. I write the address that way in order to keep the spam to a manageable roar.

I’m delighted to hear what folks are looking for when it comes to Revolutionary Massachusetts. I can’t promise I’ll have anything to say in response, though. Please bear in mind:

  • I'm happy to receive news about upcoming events, TV shows, books, &c., but I don’t have a firm schedule for announcements or reviews.
  • Genealogical questions intrigue me if they’re significant in Revolutionary history. I don’t get excited about tracing ancestral lines, even my own, for their own sake.
  • Yes, I comment on modern politics when I see connections or parallels to Revolutionary history. Being able to comment on politics is part of what the Revolution was all about.
  • I’ve done enough homework in my life; I don’t plan to do yours.