J. L. BELL is a Massachusetts writer who specializes in (among other things) the start of the American Revolution in and around Boston. He is particularly interested in the experiences of children in 1765-75. He has published scholarly papers and popular articles for both children and adults. He was consultant for an episode of History Detectives, and contributed to a display at Minute Man National Historic Park.

Subscribe thru Follow.it





•••••••••••••••••



Monday, July 17, 2006

Welcoming new eyes to Boston 1775

I'm gratified that Boston 1775 has been getting some extra attention lately.

History News Network has run an opinion piece based on my Fourth of July posting, about the Florida legislature's standards for teaching American history. My thanks to the editors there and Al Young for encouraging me to submit the article.

The latest History Carnival, hosted by Air Pollution, picked up on the essay about Lockean Revolutionaries making sure their children's feet got wet. Since I don't have a feel for how blog carnivals work, I'm gratified by the notice.

But, I must admit, Boston 1775's biggest spike in readership so far came when a couple of bulletin boards picked up the posting that said "Mount Whoredom" over and over. Same old internet.

No comments: